Table of Contents
- Myths, Deceptions And Lies One Should Ignore
- Set Your Goals
- Diet Recommendations
- Foods That Should Be Avoided
- Eating Healthy Can Be Exciting
- Supplements That Are Beneficial For Weight Loss
- Portions And Eating Routines
- Monitor Your Progress
- Other Useful Tips To Get Exercise And Stay Fit
- When You Have Tried Everything And Still Haven’t Noticed Any Results
Have you been struggling to lose weight?
Have you tried almost every method at your disposal but still cannot lose weight?
In this article, I will explain how to lose weight within a month without having to spend thousands on weight loss supplements and other pills that show little or no results.
Whether you want to drop down a dress size or just feel good about yourself, here’s everything you need to know about weight loss.
Bear in mind before changing your lifestyle, that shedding all that excess fat doesn’t just occur overnight and it might require some time.
You need to stick to your new lifestyle, that is dieting, exercising etc.
It is recommended to consult your health advisor beforehand before making any drastic lifestyle changes.
Especially if you have been suffering with any illnesses.
Myths, Deceptions And Lies One Should Ignore
There are probably plenty of myths and lies that you have heard off with regards to weight loss.
These myths, deceptions and lies should be ignored when you are planning your new lifestyle.
- Midnight snacks contribute to weight gain – this is false, no matter what time of the day you eat, you can still gain weight.
- AB machines and other machines assist with weight loss – this has been said in many advertisements to encourage you to purchase the products. These machines actually do most of the work for you which then results in minimal weight loss.
- Products that assist with weight loss – do not fall for the sales pitch or the model posing with a super slim figure. These are misleading and do not assist with weight loss.
- Fat can be transformed into muscle – this is false. Fat and muscle are completely different. Therefore if you want to achieve a muscular appearance, it requires a lot of work and a healthy diet.
- You can lose weight in a particular part of your body – this is also false. You cannot lose weight in a specific spot of your body.
Set Your Goals
Plan your new lifestyle.
Plan your diet and exercise routines.
Be realistic when you are planning on losing weight.
Therefore aim to lose about 4 pounds a week.
Stick to your new diet, exercise routine and your new lifestyle.
It’s pointless to plan your new lifestyle and then not to keep to it.
Purchase a digital scale, in order for you to keep track of your progress.
Also keep calculating your BMI (body mass index) as this will guide you.
By calculating your BMI, you will know whether you are overweight or normal weight according to your height.
Keep a journal and jot down your progress week by week, your meal plans and exercise hours.
You can even download an app on your device.
It is recommended by professionals to have a balanced diet that consists of all the food groups.
Here’s what you should have in your regular diet:
Protein keeps you full and satisfied until the next meal.
Here’s some rich sources of protein:
- Beans and legumes
- Lean meats
- Low fat dairy products
Water is very beneficial for your general health.
It is also excellent for detoxification and it effectively removes all toxins and unwanted bacteria from your system.
It is recommended to have at least 8 glasses of water a day.
You can even make drinking water more exciting by adding 1 cup of water to any smoothie recipe.
You might be tempted to cut carbs out from your diet completely.
The fact is, you get good carbs and bad carbs.
You just have to determine which carbs are worth keeping in your diet and which ones to cut out.
Good carbs are recommended by health professionals and they are a necessary for every diet.
Some good carbs:
- Sweet potatoes
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat
- Whole grain products
Fats and oils
Don’t be tempted to remove these from your diet too.
Believe it or not, but not all fats contribute to weight gain.
The recommended allowance of fat per day is 44-66 grams of fat.
About 30% of fat should be consumed daily.
Fats that should be limited or avoided from your diet is saturated fat and trans fat.
Polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats should be included in your diet.
Some healthy fats are:
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- Fish- salmon, herring, sardines, angel fish, mackerels etc
- Flaxseed supplements
- Fish oil
These healthy fats even prevent cardiovascular diseases and heart attacks.
Fiber foods are not only beneficial for weight loss, they also assist with digestion, reduces food cravings and it also balances the blood sugar levels.
Studies have also proven that fiber is also beneficial for prevention of diabetes type 2.
Some good sources of fiber are:
- Whole wheat
- Brown flour
- Dark leafy greens- spinach and kale
- Berries- blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries
Fiber foods you should avoid:
- White flour
- White rice
- White bread
Beverages that contain high amounts of sugar should be avoided.
Beverages that are good for weight loss are:
- Green tea
- Fruit juices – make your own juice with a variety of your favorite fruits rather than purchase fruit juices from the stores. They usually contain high amounts of sugar.
Beverages that should be avoided are:
- Fizzy and cooldrinks
- Energy drinks
- Milk – if you cannot cut milk out completely, limit your intake
Foods That Should Be Avoided
These foods will contribute to weight gain and these should be cut out completely.
- Processed sugar – granola bars, fruit juices and dressings usually contain processed sugars.
- Vegetable oil
- Fried foods
Eating Healthy Can Be Exciting
Instead of eating fried, greasy foods – replace them with grilled foods.
Grill your meat and even your vegetables.
Instead of having unhealthy snacks or junk food, replace these with healthy snacks or even smoothies.
Smoothies that contain fruits and vegetables make excellent snacks to keep you going.
There’s also a variety of healthy smoothie recipes that you can choose from.
Smoothies are also very quick and easy to prepare, especially with a good blender.
Replace ice cream and other unhealthy desserts with watery fruit and cold fruit salads.
Supplements That Are Beneficial For Weight Loss
Protein powders – grass fed protein powders are not only beneficial for weight loss but also for building muscle.
Protein powders also boost your metabolism.
Fish oil supplements- these are high in Omega 3 and fatty acids.
These are necessary because of its healthy fat nutrients. They also contain vitamin D.
Green powders – these are good for building muscles and they also boost your metabolism.
Green super food powders also boost your energy levels.
Portions And Eating Routines
Don’t gobble down your food, eat slowly and enjoy.
The faster you eat, you are more likely to eat more.
By eating slowly, it also aids in digestion.
Therefore you won’t be feeling miserable after every meal.
You can have 5 meals a day, it will not contribute to weight gain.
However, you should halve your portions.
So instead of 3 heavy and large meals, have 5 smaller meals.
Avoid drinking water after your meal.
Rather drink water throughout and during your meal, this will cause you to eat less and it will also satisfy you.
Keep to your meal plan.
Plan your meals a week in advance, avoid going off track by sneaking in an unhealthy snack even if its just once a week.
Keep all unhealthy foods out of sight and out of your kitchen.
By keeping all those goodies around, you just going to feel tempted to munch away.
Purchase a digital food scale, so you can keep track of your portions.
Monitor Your Progress
Purchase a measuring tape and regularly measure your waist and hips.
Weigh yourself daily, preferably in the mornings before you’ve even had breakfast.
Take pictures of yourself, so you can see the results.
This will also make you feel good about yourself.
Keep magazines and any pictures of models etc who seem to have the perfect appearance.
You need to feel good about yourself.
By monitoring your progress, it will help with keeping you on track and keep you motivated.
If you are unhappy with your results and you feeling disappointed, don’t give up.
Keep to your diet plan and new lifestyle.
It won’t just happen overnight.
Exercising should be included in your weight loss plan.
Without it, you have a very slim chance of losing weight (pardon the pun).
Exercising is not only beneficial for weight loss but it also has a positive impact on your general well-being.
It can also be quite fun!
Become a member at your local gym and visit the gym daily.
If you are unable to visit the gym daily then try and visit it at least 3-4 times a week.
Go with a friend or partner.
Going with company always makes it more exciting and it will keep you motivated.
When you are at the gym make use of these machines and equipment:
Barbells and dumbbells are excellent for building muscles and strength.
Start of with the lightest then gradually go onto heavier weights.
Treadmills and bikes
These are excellent for weight loss.
They also help with keeping you fit and building muscle.
Do cardiovascular training
Cardiovascular training helps with effectively burning fat and it also boosts your metabolism and helps with your heart rate.
Some cardiovascular exercises you can do are:
- Cycling – on your own bike around your area or at the gym
You can take small intervals in between, if you need a break.
Strength training will assist with burning fat, building muscle and strength.
Some helpful strength exercises are:
- Push ups
- Lifting weights
- Squat thrushes
- Pulsing squats with shoulder press
- Pull ups
Other Useful Tips To Get Exercise And Stay Fit
There are many other ways to stay fit and exercise, besides going to the gym, swimming, jogging etc.
Here are some other helpful exercises that you probably didn’t think about:
- Instead of using the escalators, use the stairs.
- If you need an item or you’ve run out of anything. Walk to the store instead of drive there.
- If you find watching television relaxing, replace it with another activity that you enjoy. It can be almost anything from taking a walk in the park or the beach, maybe playing sports with your friends and you can even sign up for a dance class. The list is endless!
- Instead of purchasing groceries, clothing etc online; visit your local store or shopping center.
- Lift heavy objects around you, this will boost your strength.
Even once you have successfully lost weight, don’t stop exercising. Continue to stick to your regular exercise routines.
When You Have Tried Everything And Still Haven’t Noticed Any Results
If you have tried everything from changing your diet and exercising but still haven’t lost any weight.
It could possibly be because of these factors:
- Leaky gut
- Thyroid issues
- Adrenal fatigue
- Lack of time
- Lack of motivation
- Cellular toxicity
If you suspect the reason for you not losing weight is due to health related issues, consult your doctor for further advice.