Table of Contents
- A Short Glance at Some of the Best Acne Face Masks
- What Goes into a Quality Face Mask for Acne Prone Skin?
- 10 Best Face Masks for Reliving Acne
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores
- Bliss Multi-’Face’-Eted All-In-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask
- Era Organics Microdermabrasion Face Scrub & Facial Mask in One
- Joanna Vargas Skincare Exfoliating Mask
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
- Skin Ceuticals Clarifying Clay Masque
- Clinique Acne Solutions Oil-Control Cleansing Mask
- Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque
- Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
- Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque Acne Treatment Masque
We are dedicated and determined to provide you with the best information in regards to all the top products available for effective skin care.
During the process of identifying the best face mask for people with acne prone skin, we review 20 different products.
The products you see below are the 10 best chosen in light of the chemicals used, the nutrients incorporated and the level of nourishing effects of each of the product.
These products are truly designed to help you reduce your acne breakouts and help you boost lovelier, clearer and healthier skin.
A Short Glance at Some of the Best Acne Face Masks
Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask is designed to help eliminate all impurities from your skin.
It helps significantly reduce the toxins present in your skin without damaging the pores.
The charcoal used to infuse the facemask is completely safe and comes without strong chemicals or harsh parabens.
However, if you have overly dry or sensitive skin, this mask might not suit you well.
The Bliss Multi-‘Face’-eted All-in-One Clay Mask, on the other hand, has also demonstrated to help considerably reduce acne breakouts.
It can also eliminate wrinkles, deep fine lines on your skins and restore dark spots.
The best thing about the mask is that it effectively absorbs excess oil, making the pores of your skin look fresher and cleaner.
Era Organics Microdermabrasion Face Scrub & Facial Mask in One had is designed for dual action.
It serves as both a mask and a scrub.
It is fused with Manuka honey, which is incredibly effective for people with intense acne.
The Joana Vargas Skincare Exfoliating Mask is a complete exfoliation mask that helps scrub and detoxify your skin, removing all impurities.
We strongly recommend this product to individuals with severe blackheads, skin toxins and impurities.
The mask helps unclog and clean your pores, restoring the radiance of your skin, reducing dead and dull skin cells.
Boscia Luminizing Black Mask is perfect for people with oily skin.
It cleans your pores and reduces wrinkles and fines lines – reducing symptoms of skin aging.
The mask is made with top notch ingredients and safe chemicals.
It works as a magnet – pulling out all sorts of impurities.
What Goes into a Quality Face Mask for Acne Prone Skin?
While there is no question that each product contains its own set of ingredient and chemicals, the primary function of skin masks is to effectively absorb excess oil on your skin.
Excessive oil results in intense acne breakouts.
In addition, the oil also acts as a clogging agent, blocking all your pores.
This exasperates your skin health, causing more problems.
In light of this, mentioned below are some other factors found in acne-prone face masks:
- Masks fused with mud or clay can be effective for people have excessively oily skin or big pores. The two are the biggest contributing factor for acne breakouts.
- According to research, it was identified that the best ingredients used in face masks include sulfur and bentonite. Both these substances have anti-microbial characteristics.
- While it is true that most people who are desperately trying to get rid of acne don’t have oily skin, it is also true that a majority of people struggling with the same problem have oily skin. Masks with mattifying characteristics are designed for those who also have oily skin.
- According to scientific research, it was identified that glycolic is an effective ingredient for acne skin care. What glycolic does is enhance the texture of your skin, which is quite important when it comes to removing acne spots and blemishes.
It is important to test the face mask for acne on a smaller portion of your face.
This is to check and see whether the mask causes any skin irritation or further acne breakout.
So, if you have a reddish or itchy skin after taking the mask off, don’t use that mask anymore.
10 Best Face Masks for Reliving Acne
There is no denying the popularity of facemasks for people that have acne.
It is has sparked a revolution in the beauty industry throughout the globe.
However, with hundreds of products and brands available, not to mention the ingredients, it can become quite daunting to select the right one.
Fortunately for you, mentioned below are the 10 best facemasks to consider buying.
The Origins Clear Improvement acne facial mask comes infused with non-toxic charcoal extracts.
This charcoal-activated face mask works to dig deep inside your skin and eliminate all impurities blocking your pores.
The mask does not contain irritable ingredients or chemicals like parabens that can cause reddish skin and itchiness.
The mask is designed with activated components to help heal your skin and get rid it of acne.
By substantially reducing impurities and getting rid of toxins, you will see some powerful difference after using the mask a couple of times.
Charcoal is the hailed as one of the best methods to enhance skin health and eliminate acne breakouts.
The most active ingredients in the mask are Lecithin, White China Clay and Charcoal.
- No parabens included in the mask. There are rare phthalates or sulfates either.
- Charcoal used in the mask functions as a magnet – sucking out all the impurities from your skin
- The mask also include powerful ingredients like White China – helps in absorbing toxins
- Lecithin eliminates impurities
- According to some users, the mask can cause dry skin for individual that have sensitive skin
- A handful of people have stated that the mask tightens – this leads to a bit of discomfort
- People with different skin types say that mask takes a lot of time to dry
The Bliss Multi-‘Face’-Eted facemask for acne-prone skin is a brilliant product that has an all-in-one feature.
The mask is also infused with anti-aging clay.
Clay is one of the best components to use for supple, smoother and ageless skin and complexion.
The mask is designed to offer various skin enhancing properties.
It fights acne breakouts, eliminates fine lines and wrinkles and various other symptoms of skin aging.
We highly recommend this mask for people who want to get rid of their acne problem as fast as possible.
The all-in-one facemask purifies the pores of your skin and gets rid of dead skin.
In addition, the mask does not contain harmful skin irritant like sulfates.
- The mask not only softens your skin and reduces acne breakouts; it also tackles several other skin conditions such as fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots
- The mask in infused with glycolic acid, which quickly absorbs toxins and breaks down dead skin cells, unclogging your pores
- There are no harmful ingredients in the mask
- According to some users, the face masks leaves behind a grayish tint on the skin as soon as you remove the mask.
- You have to thoroughly exfoliate your skin in order to remove the face mask from the pores.
- It can be a bit difficult to effectively remove the face mask for people who have excessively oily skin. You have to exfoliate a lot.
The Era Organics Microdermabrasion face mask for acne-prone users is designed to prevent acne breakouts and eliminate blemishes.
It can also be good for people with dry skin and those who are trying to get rid of their wrinkles.
The mask is fused with Manuka honey, which contains plenty of antibacterial components and works well to heal broken and damaged skin.
Plus, the mask also has the capability to enhance your skin ability to fend off free-radicals and it also thoroughly detoxifies your skin.
The mask is great for people who have oily and dry skin; it is the perfect mask for boosting and soothing skin health.
We recommend that you use the product 2 to 3 times per week.
After you apply the mask, it is better to massage it as gently as you can for a couple of minutes.
After you massage it, wait for around five minutes.
Let the mask dry before you rinse it.
Furthermore, because the Era Organics Microdermabrasion face mask for acne prone skin is a 2 in 1 product, you don’t need to waste your money on another product to exfoliate your skin.
- The product is versatile and serves as a two in one face mask
- Infused with Manuka honey, which has antibacterial and healing properties
- Effectively cleans pores
- The smell of the mask can be a bit irritating
- It can dry the skin a bit
The Joanna Vargas facial mask for people with acne is also good for individuals that have a lot of blackheads or whiteheads.
This is primarily because the face mask is designed to extract all impurities deep within the pores and eliminates any impurities.
It also gets rids of all the excess oil.
The exfoliating mask is designed to be dual-purpose.
On top of absorbing impurities deep within your skin it also helps improve your complexion and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles, reducing the symptoms of aging skin.
The face mask is also fused with various non-harmful chemicals that help get rid of dead skin cells, making your skin softer and suppler.
Plus, the Joanna Vargas face mask for acne is also fused with a clay ingredient that is perfect for cleaning the pores of your skin and further eliminates impurities.
There is no question that the price of the face mask may strike you as a bit high and may fall out of your budget, however, there is no doubt that the product is very efficient and effective for facial cleaning.
It is worth the money, especially for those of you who have tried and tested several products but have had no luck in getting rid of your skin complications thus far.
- On top of the mask’s capability to extract all impurities from your skin, it also helps enhance your complexion and will make your skin softer.
- The mask also includes a variety of fruit enzymes along with lactic acid. Both components work well to eliminate dead skin cells.
- The mask is also infused with Kaolin clay. This type of clay is primarily used to clear skin pores and eliminates impurities reaching deep within your skin layers.
- According to some users that have sensitive skin, this product can increase skin irritation.
- The price of the product is a bit too high compared to its effectiveness.
- People with sensitive skin stated that the face mask caused a lot of itchiness after your exfoliate and remove the mask. Some also stated that they developed skin rashes.
If nothing has worked for you in the past and you are adamant to finding a multi-purpose face mask to get rid of your skin complication, the Boscia Luminizing acne face mask is the product for you.
The face mask not only helps reducing acne breakouts, cleaning your pores reducing excess oil to break out, it also reaches deep within the layers of your skin and substantially reduces the aging symptoms too.
The Boscia Luminizing face mask is also designed with fast acting minerals that act like a magnet, extracting all forms of skin impurities.
Moreover, the acne relieving face mask does not contain harmful chemicals such as parabens or phthalates.
We strongly recommend that you should always apply it generously on your face.
The thicker the paste is the more effective the results are.
However, it shouldn’t be too thick; you have to take it off as well.
For a more efficient exfoliation, it is better not to apply the clay material anywhere near your hairline.
That is because once it dries it will take out your hair as well – and you don’t want that to happen.
Moreover, for effective results, it is recommended that you keep the face mask on for about 15 to 20 minutes tops.
You need to give it time to work its magic.
- The face mask will increase the radiance of your skin and make it softer than before.
- Combines numerous skin benefits
- You don’t have to worry about any post-face mask skin irritation or rashes.
- If you aren’t careful and apply it near your hair line, the clay will rip your hair out when you exfoliate.
- The mask can be a bit uncomfortable to pull off.
- The product is expensive.
Skin Ceuticals’ deep acting face mask is another brilliant product for individuals that are suffering with acne.
The face mask is specially formulated with powerful and fast acting natural ingredients to effectively penetrate deep with the layers of your skin and thoroughly cleanse the pores.
The face mask is fused with clay, which is an effective ingredient for providing that soft, smooth and supple skin you have been longing for.
It also helps get rid of all skin impurities.
Clays have been deemed as the most effective ingredient to treating acne breakouts.
The Skin Ceuticals face mask for acne-prone skin also combines the power of several healing ingredients that get rid of the blemishes and marks caused by acne irritation.
Plus, the mask also contains a light exfoliator that helps clean the pores of your skin after your take the mask off.
We recommend that you use the face mask once every week.
This makes for a simple commitment and you will not experience any problems managing your acne-prone skin.
Plus, you don’t have to leave the mask on overnight.
You can wash it off after 30 minutes.
- The face mask is infused with 100% natural clays. The clay helps fight free-radicals and purify your skin.
- A combination of botanical ingredients and other minerals will get rid of the irritation caused by acne.
- The face mask also contains hydroxyl (5%). This chemical further helps clean and exfoliate your skin.
- Because the skin mask has to be applied once every week, the frequency of application may not be enough for people that have numerous skin problems.
- You have to leave the mask on for 30 minutes, which is a lot of time for most people. It is a longer duration compared to other types of face masks.
- Some users have complained about frequent inconsistencies in the mask’s effectiveness even after numerous treatments.
Clinique’s oil control fast acting face mask helps effectively clean the pores of your skin, which in turn reduces acne breakouts and reduced marks and blemishes caused by the skin condition.
The best thing about this product is the fact that you need to only apply it for 5 minutes, making it one of the most effective and fast-acting skin-masks available.
Another quality of this skin-mask is the fact that you will not have to worry about any post-exfoliation irritation or skin complications.
Plus, the mask does not dry the skin.
Moreover, the mask is designed for all skin types, which also includes people who have a both oily and dry skin.
Clinique’s acne-prone mask will also get rid of the blemishes caused by acne.
And it also prevents future breakouts.
After you exfoliate the mask, your skin will become soft, supple and radiant.
Plus, it also helps eradicate skin aging symptoms.
The formulation used also includes different medications, making it ideal for people that have stubborn skin complications.
You won’t have to look for any other treatment or product ever again.
- Provides soothing effects after a single treatment.
- Leaves the skin clean and shiny, great for oily skin.
- Medicated formula for deep cleansing action.
- If you have dry skin, you may need a moisturizer
- After repeated uses, the product may not act as fast as it should
- Have caused reddish marks and flaky skin in some people
The Dermalogica Sebum face mask is renowned for effective cleansing – preventing future acne breakouts.
The ingredients used act fast and are effective for removing excess oil.
It is a great product for people with oily skin.
However, it may not be as effective for people with dry or sensitive skin.
The ingredients used in the mask are acidic.
They help unclog pores and exfoliate impurities.
It is great for spot treatment.
The best thing about the product is that it can be used several times per week.
This is great for people with stubborn skin issues.
- The face mask is infused with Bentonite clays and Kaolin.
- Contains Salicylic acid – helps unclog pores
- The mask helps keep pimple formation at bay
- As it needs to be used several times every week, it could cause problems for people with sensitive skin
- People have claimed to have suffered multiple acne breakouts after using the product
- Some people have also reported flesh-colored marks and bumps after using the product
Glamglow is a renowned beauty products manufacturer, popular for making eco-friendly skin products.
This product is no different.
The Supermud face mask is designed with powerful ingredients to help unclog pores effectively.
The formulation used is backed scientifically.
The product is ideal for treating acne-prone skin, preventing future breakouts.
It can be used to treat numerous skin complications.
The face mask is made with Activated X-Charcoal – a powerful ingredient, ideal for treating acne, providing you smooth and supple skin.
The product contains no parabens, sulfates or phthalates.
After just a single use, a majority of users have reported effective results.
- Along with fighting acne, the product also helps restore color to your skin and helps treat ingrown hair.
- A combination of 6 acids helps combat different skin conditions.
- The charcoal used is perfect to remove impurities – healing your skin.
- It’s expensive.
- The product may dry your skin.
- You need to use it quickly because product dries out fast.
This is another effective product that contains oil-absorbing ingredients.
It helps with effective skin cleansing.
The product is fused with several different therapeutic ingredients.
The product contains aloe, sulfur, clay and kaolin – all of which are extremely effective ingredients that help keep the skin glowing, healing and clean.
We won’t recommend this for people with dry or sensitive skin.
The product is great for treating stubborn acne problems.
- Contains 10% sulfur – great for acne treatment.
- Contains aloe vera, perfect for skin healing and purification.
- Medicated ingredients may not suit sensitive skin.
- Can’t be applied on completely exfoliated skin – instead you have to keep your skin a bit oily to apply the mask.
So, there you go – a list of some of the most effective face masks for treating acne and keeping your skin healthy.
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?