How to Get Thicker Hair Fast and Naturally (11 Proven Ways)
Table of Contents
Thin hair is a common problem that affects not only your looks but also your self-esteem.
Throughout life, there are many reasons why your hair may suddenly thin.
Increased emotional stress, nutritional deficiencies, and heredity all influence the thickness of your hair.
It is also possible that an allergic reaction or the incorrect use of hair care products could be the culprit behind your thinning hair.
Whatever the cause may be, knowing how to make your hair thicker will improve your looks while allowing you to go out in the world with more confidence.
Cold-pressed castor oil has high viscosity, which allows it to thoroughly coat each strand of your hair to replenish it with vitamin E and essential fatty acids that promote new growth.
It also helps to protect your hair from heat damage during styling.
- Dilute castor oil by mixing it with coconut oil.
- Then, massage it into your scalp using gentle, circular motions with your fingertips.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to distribute it through the rest of your hair while removing tangles.
- Cover your head with a warm, moist towel, and allow it to stay on your hair for one hour.
- Finally, rinse and shampoo as normal.
Do this each week for a deep conditioning treatment that helps stop breakage.
Knowing how to make hair thicker means giving it the nutrients it needs to stay strong.
Eggs are a rich source of protein and are an inexpensive hair treatment.
- Beat a couple of eggs until they become foamy.
- Wet your hair, and apply the eggs to the full-length of your strands
- Then, allow it to sit for a half hour.
- Wash the egg out using warm water and your preferred shampoo.
Do this treatment once or twice a week to keep your hair strong.
Like castor oil, avocados are full of vitamin E that has a moisturizing effect on your hair.
For this reason, it is one of the best ways to figure out how to get thicker hair.
Making an avocado hair mask is also simple when you follow these instructions.
- Mash up an avocado, and mix it with one tablespoon of wheat germ oil.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, and allow it to rest for 30 minutes. It may harden or change colors during this time, but that is a normal part of the process.
- Then, wash your hair as normal.
For best results, use this treatment twice a week.
Indian Gooseberry is good for your entire body, so this is one way that people who know how to make hair thicker pack multiple benefits into one treatment.
You can take Indian Gooseberry as a dietary supplement to enhance your whole body, or you can use this homemade hair tonic to prevent hair loss while also reducing bacteria and fungus on your scalp that may affect hair thickness.
- Mix ½ cup Indian Gooseberry powder with ¼ cup of water, and allow it to sit for about ten minutes until it forms a paste.
- Then, apply the paste to your hair, and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it out with warm water, but do not use shampoo for several hours so that the Indian Gooseberry can continue to work.
This remedy is so effective that it only needs to be repeated once a month.
Olive oil is another hair treatment that you likely already have sitting in your kitchen.
To soften your hair and add thickness, you will simply need to warm it up to create a homemade hot oil treatment.
- Massage the olive oil into your scalp, and leave it on for 45 minutes.
- Wearing a shower cap during this time can help it work by keeping it warm while allowing you to go about your normal routine without getting oil everywhere.
- Then, rinse it out using a mild, baby shampoo.
For severe dryness and breakage, you can also wear this treatment overnight.
Simply make sure to use a shower cap and old pillowcase to avoid damaging your bedding.
There are two ways to use fenugreek seeds to prevent hair loss.
However, they both require a little prep time so try this remedy on the weekend.
The effort is well worth it when your hair begins to grow back thicker than ever.
- Take two or three tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak them in water for 10 hours.
- Once they are softened, grind the seeds to make a paste.
- Coat your hair with the paste, and let it sit on your hair for 30 minutes before rinsing it out.
- Start by using the same method given in the first option to soak the seeds in water.
- However, for this method, you will simply use the water that the seeds were soaked in to rinse your hair.
- This helps to eliminate dandruff and dryness of your scalp that prevents hair from growing in thick.
Either of these treatments should be used once a week for optimum results.
One expert tip on how to get thicker hair naturally that works best for dark-haired people is to use henna powder or leaves.
Henna helps to enrich your natural hair color while also strengthening hair that is prone to breakage.
- You can make your own henna powder by grinding dried leaves into fine pieces, or you can purchase it already made.
- Once you have your powder, mix it with small amounts of water until you have made a paste that is about as thick as yogurt. To enhance the conditioning effect, you can use green tea instead of water.
- Allow the paste to sit for at least two hours, but overnight is even better.
- Then, apply it to your hair, and let it dry completely.
When you wash it out, you will find softer hair with a deeper color that transforms your style.
Many of the hair treatments for thinning hair focus on placing products directly on your strands.
However, eating a healthy diet also contributes to better hair.
Make sure your diet includes the following foods that are known for reducing hair thinning.
- Greek yogurt (excellent source of protein)
- Salmon (full of essential fatty acids)
- Beans (excellent source of iron)
- Nuts (another great way to get fatty acids into your diet)
- Eggs (protein, iron, and omega-3s)
Flaxseed is full of omega-3 fatty acids and protein which both have restorative properties for your hair.
- Take ¼ cup of flaxseeds and soak them in water overnight. In the morning, strain the seeds.
- Then, place them in two cups of water, and allow it to boil until the mixture turns into a jelly-like foam.
- Strain the seeds out, and use the leftover foam like a hair gel.
This is one treatment that is especially helpful for people with curly or wavy hair because it can be left in to define the curls.
Aloe has healing properties for your skin, scalp, and hair.
To treat your hair with aloe, follow these easy directions.
- Break open a couple of aloe leaves, and rub the gel onto your scalp.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse it out.
For a weekly treatment that takes almost no time at all.
If you find that it takes too many leaves to coat your scalp, then you can mix the aloe gel with some coconut milk to help it spread further.
You can also consume a tablespoon of aloe vera juice every day to get the same nourishing benefits for your hair.
Orange juice is chocked full of vitamin C, and the pectin it contains is helpful for restoring your hair’s natural luster.
The acids in the orange also help to break up residue from styling products that may have built up on your scalp and are interfering with hair growth.
- Take one orange and puree it in the blender. Don’t bother with peeling the orange, because the rind contains properties that help clarify your strands.
- Once it is fully pureed, apply the pulp to your hair for a half hour.
- Then, rinse thoroughly with shampoo, and use a conditioner to counteract the drying effect of the citrus.
When you use this treatment once a week, it only takes a month or two to begin seeing thicker hair.
It is also important to note that this treatment is great for dandruff.
When you know how to make your hair thicker naturally, you can stop fretting every time you look in the mirror.
As you experiment with hair treatments, remember that achieving stronger, thicker strands should always include a topical treatment combined with eating nutritiously so that your hair is nourished from the inside out.
By taking action now, you can restore your hair back to a youthful thickness that enhances your appearance.
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?
Hi. I have really think hair but it’s around shoulder length. I don’t want it to get thicker but wanted it to grow out as much as possible, as soon as possible. Do these methods thicken your hair or just lengthen it?? Also how well do they work as I would really like long hair as soon as possible as having it styled soon. Thank you :))